Apply for Employment
Application for Employment
HOUSING AND HOMELESS SERVICE COORDINATOR
IMMEDIATE OPENING/BRADFORD PA
MCKEAN COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT & HSG AUTHORITY(MCRHA)
AND A PARTNERSHIP IN HOUSING(APIH)
MCRHA OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS:
- Full-time / 37.5 Hours Weekly
- Hours 8:00am - 4:00pm Mondays – Fridays
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Benefits: Medical, Vision
- Medical Reimbursement Fund
- Ongoing training and development for career growth opportunities
The Housing and Homeless Service Coordinator will support our mission, vision and values of the McKean County Redevelopment and Housing Authority by assisting homeless individuals or those at risk of homelessness in connecting with community resources. To assist in identifying and maintaining safe, affordable permanent housing.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BRING:
- Knowledge of Federal Housing Programs
- Strong Supervisory Skills
- Grant Writing Experience
- Case Management Experience
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) for effective written communications, and reporting.
- Strong math aptitude/accounting knowledge with good understanding of accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting.
- Excellent routine office clerical skills including proofreading, data entry, filing, phone skills as needed.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license require flexibility for travel to sites assigned
- Ability to occasionally travel to office meetings, trainings, conference, as scheduled.
- Establishes short- and long-range goals for funding Works in close collaboration with other area social service agencies as a liaison to obtain funding sources for activities associated with serving homeless individuals or those at risk of homelessness.
- Maintains, develops, and nurtures partnerships/relationships with local, state, and federal program contacts in an effort to build and support Authority program initiatives.
- Generates revenue for Authority programs/services through timely submission of well researched, well-written, and well-documented proposals and/or applications.
- Monitors contract and grant compliance. Collects and analyzes reporting data on the performance/effectiveness of program activities/services/responsiveness funded by third-party public and private sources for tracking, effectiveness, and quality control purposes. Assists with contract and grants modifications, amendments, and other areas as
- Identifies potential areas of contract compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Accepts referrals of individuals at risk of or currently experiencing homelessness and coordinates services for these individuals.
- Establishes relationships with social service agencies and has a working knowledge of programs and services available
- Develop creative housing solutions for individuals experiencing homelessness. Maintains files and daily logs of program activities.
- Ensures privacy and maintains security of confidential
- Accountable for consistent adherence to strong Authority standards regarding the ethical, responsible, and appropriate use, care, and safeguarding of Authority materials, supplies, resources, and other assets.
- Undertakes and performs other work-related duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or provide relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Management, Public Administration, or other closely related field two (2) to five (5) years of applicable experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interpret regulations and standards, and contracts; for compliance with relevant requirements and Authority standards.
- Strong grant writing skills.
Interested applicants should submit a resume along with references to: McKean County Redevelopment Authority, Attn: Patty Fitzsimmons,415 W. Main St. Suite 1, Smethport, PA 16749.
Salary: Starting at $45,000 based on experience